Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Prince Harry has long felt frustrated by comparisons to his uncle, former Prince Andrew — a sentiment sources say predates Andrew’s arrest but now offers insight into how Harry has viewed the family’s internal fault lines for years.

Published

on

Prince Harry has long felt frustrated by comparisons to his uncle, former Prince Andrew — a sentiment sources say predates Andrew’s arrest but now offers insight into how Harry has viewed the family’s internal fault lines for years.

“He was frustrated by the comparisons. It was never fair to lump them together,” an insider tells PEOPLE. “Harry served his country, did the job well and never engaged in misconduct — yet lost security and housing, while Andrew was protected for years.”

That contrast has taken on renewed relevance following Andrew’s arrest on Thursday, Feb. 19, which sources describe as “embarrassing” for the wider family.

“In this moment, it’s sad and embarrassing for the entire family,” the insider says. “It leaves a stain on everybody.”

Andrew, now known as Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, was arrested at Wood Farm, where he has been staying on King Charles’ Sandringham estate in Norfolk, on suspicion of misconduct in public office. The arrest stems from allegations that Andrew sent confidential information to Jeffrey Epstein during his time as a UK trade envoy. He has not been charged and continues to deny wrongdoing.

Police say the arrest allows officers to question Andrew under caution and to search properties for evidence as part of their investigation. A charging decision will be made by the Crown Prosecution Service once police inquiries are complete.

As for Harry, the insider says his reaction would be consistent with long-held beliefs rather than a response to the arrest itself.

“Harry believes in justice and accountability — that’s very much in line with his character,” the source says, noting Harry’s multiple court cases in the U.K. in recent years against the U.K. tabloid press.

Harry stepped away from royal life six years ago, at a time when the institution was still closing ranks around Andrew — continuing to provide him with police protection, allowing him to remain at Royal Lodge and maintaining public silence amid mounting scrutiny. By contrast, Harry and Meghan Markle were stripped of publicly funded security after stepping back as senior royals in 2020, a decision Harry has said left his family vulnerable and one he has continued to challenge through the courts.

The disparity was one Harry addressed directly in his 2023 memoir, Spare. In the book, he recalls a conversation with Meghan about whether their palace security might be withdrawn, writing that he never imagined it would happen — particularly given that Andrew retained his security detail even after becoming embroiled in what Harry described as a “shameful scandal” related to Jeffrey Epstein. Despite the seriousness of the situation, Harry noted, no one suggested Andrew should lose his protection, while he and Meghan ultimately did.

Harry later raised similar concerns in a BBC interview following his failed judicial review over security last year, arguing that the decision reflected what he described

Sources say Harry’s willingness to speak candidly at a time when much of the institution remained silent came at a cost. He was widely criticized and, in some cases, conflated with Andrew as a shared royal liability — a comparison that crystallized in headlines and nicknames such as the “Dukes of Hazzard.”

Andrew was first stripped of his military titles and patronages in 2022, after he attempted to have a sexual assault lawsuit filed against him by Epstein victim Virginia Giuffre dismissed. The following month, he settled with Giuffre out of court for an undisclosed sum. She died by suicide on April 24, 2025.

Legal experts note that Andrew’s arrest does not mean he will necessarily face charges.

“An arrest on suspicion of misconduct in public office is not a one-way ticket to prison,” attorney George Kampanella, partner and head of business crime at Taylor Rose, tells PEOPLE. “It is the start of a process.”

The King’s brother will only appear in court if he is charged — a decision that will be made by Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) after the police have completed their investigations.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITY7 minutes ago

No nieźle :

CELEBRITY12 minutes ago

Emerytura to dla nie wyrok! 😱

CELEBRITY15 minutes ago

Po tych słowach w Polsce zapanowało poruszenie❗️

CELEBRITY18 minutes ago

Niecodzienna sytuacja na boisku: zawodnik zrezygnował z rzutu karnego, a decyzja sędziego zaskoczyła wszystkich obecnych na stadionie.

CELEBRITY21 minutes ago

Marszałek Sejmu Włodzimierz Czarzasty podjął zaskakujący krok w sprawie prezydenckiego projektu ustawy o sądownictwie. Co to oznacza?

CELEBRITY24 minutes ago

Uderzyły niepokojące wieści

CELEBRITY28 minutes ago

Mocne słowa

CELEBRITY31 minutes ago

Oby się mylił

CELEBRITY43 minutes ago

⛸️Kiedy na lodowisku w Mediolanie wybrzmiały pierwsze dźwięki motywu z “Moulin Rouge”, cała hala wstrzymała oddech. Jekaterina Kurakowa dała niesamowity popis. Chwilę później reprezentantka Polski niespodziewanie ujawniła: “Chciałam spełnić swoje marzenie o występie na igrzyskach olimpijskich i potem zakończyć karierę”. Jest jednak nadzieja dla kibiców. Sama im ją dała, zaledwie chwilę po tych słowach. A do tego przecież… już raz powiedziała: pas. Wróciła i na igrzyskach rozkochała w sobie Polaków 🇵🇱❤️ ➡️

CELEBRITY1 hour ago

Iran’s Khamenei faces gravest crisis of his rule as US strike force gathers

CELEBRITY1 hour ago

The Supreme Court on Friday ruled that President Donald Trump violated federal law when he unilaterally imposed sweeping tariffs across the globe, a striking loss for the White House on an issue that has been central to the president’s foreign policy and economic agenda.

CELEBRITY2 hours ago

Wszystko w rękach Sejmu

Copyright © 2025 USAtalkin