Connect with us

CELEBRITY

JUST IN: President Trump signs executive order bringing IndyCar race to DC for America250

Published

on

President Donald Trump will sign an executive order Friday in an effort to have an IndyCar race on the streets of Washington, D.C., for America250, Fox News Digital confirmed.

NBC News initially reported the news, saying that the race, which would be titled the “America250 Grand Prix,” would take place the weekend of Aug. 21-23. IndyCar normally runs on Sundays, and there is no event currently scheduled for that weekend.

According to NBC News, an order that hasn’t been made public yet will tell the Interior and Transportation departments to “coordinate with the Mayor” and plan a race route near the National Mall “that showcases the majesty of Washington, D.C., and its iconic national monuments,” based on a fact sheet.

NBC News also reports, citing the White House, that the departments are expected to “expeditiously” secure the needed permits and approvals, and that Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy will have the authority “to use available funds to facilitate the race.”

“President Trump has bestowed an incredible distinction upon our sport and we’re grateful for his trust and support as INDYCAR prepares to honor our country with a tremendous racing spectacle,” IndyCar owner Roger Penske said in a statement to the outlet. “This will be a truly memorable event that celebrates our country’s independence and the legacy of patriotism, innovation and excellence that powers motorsports across America.”

The Department of Transportation was making a push to hold a race on the National Mall as part of the celebration, FOX Business confirmed last week.

In conjunction with the push, Trump posted to Truth Social an AI-generated video promoting the race. The video featured fans around the National Mall and drivers speeding through a Washington, D.C., raceway.

“The Grand Prix is an unprecedented opportunity to celebrate our nation’s proud racing pedigree, showcase the beauty of the National Mall and generate millions in critical tourism revenue for the capital,” a Department of Transportation spokesperson said.

“The Trump Administration is determined to make D.C. great again, and this race is another example of that commitment. We’ll keep working with our partners in Congress to outline the positive impacts it will have on the District and correct the record.”

The event does have a roadblock ahead of it, though, as advertising on Capitol grounds is forbidden. Racing vehicles are often littered with ads.

It is not clear exactly where the track would be located, but the video Trump posted featured the Capitol, Washington Monument and Lincoln Memorial.

There is also a UFC event planned for the South Lawn on June 14, Trump’s 80th birthday.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITY6 minutes ago

⚠️ TENSION WITH TEHRAN: TRUMP SETS 15-DAY DEADLINE FOR IRAN

CELEBRITY9 minutes ago

Trump Declares Pam Bondi “One of the Greatest Attorneys General Ever” — But Her DOJ Is Already Facing Firestorms

CELEBRITY16 minutes ago

“I NEVER THOUGHT MY OWN WORDS WOULD BE USED AGAINST ME.” In a stunning courtroom moment, Prince Harry is facing explosive scrutiny as lawyers reportedly turned his own $20 million memoir, Spare, into a weapon — comparing passages line-by-line with his sworn testimony🔥

CELEBRITY20 minutes ago

“60% Want Me Back”: Meghan Markle’s Remark Reignites Britain’s Royal Divide

CELEBRITY25 minutes ago

Prince William and Princess Catherine Back King Charles III Following Prince Andrew’s Arrest

CELEBRITY34 minutes ago

IT WASN’T FOUND IN A JEWELRY BOX… 🤫 Forget the diamonds and the sapphire ring. Right after their engagement, Princess Catherine surprised William with a secret gift she spent weeks making by hand.

CELEBRITY43 minutes ago

Princess Catherine DAZZLES in a Glittering McQueen Gown and the Late Queen’s MOST EXPENSIVE Diamond Necklace in the World 👇👇

CELEBRITY46 minutes ago

King Charles bestows title on Sir Timothy Laurence: A historic move breaking Royal tradition

CELEBRITY11 hours ago

President Donald Trump called the arrest of former Prince Andrew a “very sad thing” after he was taken into police custody on Thursday, Feb. 1

CELEBRITY11 hours ago

PRINCE WILLIAM CONFIRMS THE FINAL VERDICT ON MEGHAN’S FUTURE — NO WAY BACK.

CELEBRITY11 hours ago

ALL EYES ON THE FUTURE QUEEN: CATHERINE SETS THE BRITISH EMBASSY GALA ABLAZE IN RADIANT JENNY PACKHAM GOWN!

CELEBRITY12 hours ago

The Great Royal Schism: Did the Sυssexes Jυmp, or Were They Pυshed? – Sake

Copyright © 2025 USAtalkin