Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Prince Harry Apologizes to Canada After Wearing L.A. Dodgers Hat at World Series: ‘I Was Under Duress’

Published

on

Prince Harry is setting the record straight on “hatgate” — and offering an apology to Canada.

The Duke of Sussex, 41, sparked some backlash after wearing a Los Angeles Dodgers hat while attending Game 4 of the World Series at Dodger Stadium on Oct. 28, with his wife, Meghan Markle — instead of showing support for Canada’s own Toronto Blue Jays. The criticism came from fans who felt the prince should’ve backed a team from a Commonwealth country rather than his new home base in California.

Harry, who is in Toronto for Remembrance Day events — the U.K.’s equivalent of Veterans Day — took a moment amid his busy schedule, which included visiting the Veterans Centre at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre on Thursday, Nov. 6, to laugh off the friendly controversy and reaffirm his affection for Canada.

Is there anything you would like to say about wearing that L.A. Dodgers hat last week and getting into hot water?” Harry was asked in an interview with CTV News on Nov. 6.

Harry replied, “Oh, the L.A. Dodgers hat — hatgate. Well, firstly, I would like to apologize to Canada for wearing it.”

Secondly, I was under duress,” he continued, reflecting on his experience watching Game 4 at Dodger Stadium. “There wasn’t much choice. I was invited to the L.A. Dodgers box or the dugout by the owner himself. So, I was doing what I thought was the polite thing to do.”

While the Dodgers lost Game 4, they would go on to win Game 7 against the Blue Jays, 5-4, and ultimately become World Series champions, Harry wanted it to be clear where his heart lies by putting on a Blue Jays hat during the interview.

I’m going to wear this from now on to make sure I don’t make any more of those mistakes,” he said, while offering another explanation as to why he wore a Dodgers hat to begin with.

When you’re missing a lot of hair on top and you’re sitting under flood lights, you’ll take any hat that’s available,” he said.

He went on to say that for the rest of the World Series, he was “Blue Jays throughout.”

While Harry said that it’s going to be “really hard” to return to Los Angeles after revealing where his loyalty lies, the interview ended with him reiterating yet again, “I’m very sorry to the Canadian public. I’m devastated that the Blue Jays lost, but go Jays.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITY6 hours ago

Kaczyński ledwo wyszedł ze szpitala, a już grzmi na konferencji PiS. Nagle wypalił to do mikrofonu. Dziennikarze zamarli

CELEBRITY7 hours ago

Nawrocki uderzył w Tuska. Odpowiedź premiera: „Od moich wnuczek wara”

CELEBRITY7 hours ago

Ależ robi wrażenie!

CELEBRITY7 hours ago

Jutta Leerdam, gwiazda zimowych igrzysk, znalazła sposób na zarabianie milionów, łącząc sport z marketingiem. Co odkryli eksperci?

CELEBRITY7 hours ago

Głośno o tym w całym kraju 😱

CELEBRITY7 hours ago

👑 “NO COMING BACK?” — Princess Anne Allegedly Joins Prince William in Blocking Meghan Markle’s Royal Return 😱👇👇

CELEBRITY7 hours ago

HEARTBREAKING SHOCK: Patrick Mahomes Drops Devastating Baby Bombshell, Leaving Chiefs Kingdom in Tears and NFL Stars Stunned!

CELEBRITY7 hours ago

VERDICT DELIVERED! ELON MUSK & KAROLINE LEAVITT UNLEASH COSMIC MAGA APOCALYPSE – “TRUMP’S WHISPER, OUR SUPERNOVA STRIKE!” – FORGING AN UNDYING LEGION OF STEEL-HEARTED WARRIORS TO INCINERATE GLOBALIST EMPIRES IN A BLAZING ETERNITY OF TRIUMPH!

CELEBRITY7 hours ago

A Black waitress was fired for helping Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift — but less than 24 hours later, her life changed in a way she never saw coming.

CELEBRITY7 hours ago

MELANIA & BARRON TRUMP JUST OPENED AMERICA’S FIRST 100% FREE HOMELESS HOSPITAL – “THIS IS THE LEGACY WE WANT TO LEAVE BEHIND”

CELEBRITY7 hours ago

Smile vs. Serious: The Courtside Exchange That Divided the Internet

CELEBRITY10 hours ago

Robi się gorąco!

Copyright © 2025 USAtalkin